COVID-19 Update 3/24/2020
Pet care services have been understandably deemed an essential business. As a veterinary hospital and lodging facility, we’re committed to remaining open to treat our patients needing veterinary services and support the pets in our care. We’re also here to service the lodging and daycare needs of our medical personnel, other essential business employees, and anyone in need.
As always, the health and well-being of your pet and family are our top priority. We have taken every possible measure to keep our facilities operating in a safe manner and have continually evolved our procedures based on current circumstances. Below is a reminder of some important information regarding our current operations:
- We have amended our business hours. Our new temporary hours are:
Mon – Fri: 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sat: 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Sun: CLOSED (our lodging staff will be in to take care of the pets in our care)
- In order to protect the safety of our clients and staff, we request that any clients showing signs of illness remain at home and not bring their pet to our office.
- In order to follow current guidelines about maintaining distance in our building that can have small spaces such as exam rooms as well as close contact within our waiting room, we are asking that pet owners not enter the building. When you arrive at our office, please give us a call and a staff member will come out and get your pet for their appointment.
- We ask that you remain on site should be have any questions. This will also allow us to return your pet to you as quickly as possible to reduce their stress.
- Our doctors will contact you via phone after your pet has been fully evaluated to go over findings, recommendations, and to answer any questions. Your call will then be transferred to a front desk associate who will collect your payment via credit card. Any medications will be brought out to you along with your pet.
- We also ask that everyone use our new curbside services for lodging so that you can call us when you arrive to drop off and pick-up your pet for lodging or daycare. A staff member will come out and get your pet from your car or bring your pet to your car.
Pet Dominion will continue to actively monitor the news and guidance from various public agencies about the Coronavirus (COVID-19), and will abide by the recommendations put forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), U.S. State Department, and city and county officials. Again, our goal is to remain open while continuing to provide a safe environment for our staff, clients, and guests.
Have a great day!
Kim Kirkman, MBA, CVPM, SHRM-SCP